WA YOUTH CATTLE HANDLERS INC.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entrant- the competitor/ participant
Exhibit- the animal
Exhibitor- the owner of the animal
- Entrants must be aged between 8 to 25 years inclusive as of the 1st of April of that respective year.
- Entrants will be placed into groups within age and experience levels.
Juniors: 8-12 years. Sub-intermediate, Intermediate & experience: 13 -25 years
- Juniors: (8-12 years) must have a nominated adult for supervision for the duration of the camp. One adult per family is acceptable. Parents/Guardians must be onsite from 4pm to 7am, during the day is optional.
- All entrants must remain in designated areas on the grounds for the duration of the camp. Official permission must be obtained to leave the grounds. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DISRUPTIVE AND/OR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR from an entrant will NOT be tolerated. The WAYCHC Committee hold the power to take whatever action deemed necessary to handle any issues that arise, including immediate disqualification from the event.
- THE USE OR POSSESSION OF PROHIBITED DRUGS OR ALCOHOL THROUGHOUT THE CAMP WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Breaching these rules will result in being asked to immediately leave the grounds and will not be permitted to enter future camps.
- Participants are NOT allowed to operate a motor vehicle during the camp. Any unauthorised movement of a vehicle during the camp will not be tolerated. Except in an Emergency.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. NO OPEN SHOES.
- All entrants must sleep in the recreational centre for the duration of the camp. No entrants are permitted to sleep in the selling complex/oval/ in vehicles. Accompanying parents are encouraged to sleep in the recreational centre with their children.
- Mobile phones may be brought to the camp but are ONLY PERMITTED AT DINNER TIME. Exceptions made for emergencies or medical purposes. Entrants seen on their phones during the day will result in having them confiscated.
PARTICIPANTS OF THE CAMP ENTER AT THEIR OWN RISK.
ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN BELONGINGS AT ALL TIMES.
- Entry fees: $210 for initial competitor subject to all age groups. Additional children from the same family are $160. A $40 animal hire fee applies in addition to the entry fee if entrants can not source their own animal.
- Live in parents: $60 for meals for the duration of the camp
- Guests: $10 per meal
- The control and management of the camp is at the discretion of the committee. The committee’s decisions shall be final.
- The committee reserves to right to deal with any incident or situation that may arise.
- Any application for refunds or complaints regarding the WAYCHC will be accepted in writing only. Any application for refunds or complaints will be addressed at the next scheduled committee meeting.
- INSURANCE and PUBLIC LIABILITY are the responsibility of the OWNER of the animal. Any damage to private vehicles within the showground’s boundaries will be at the owners risk.
- All electrical appliances brought to the camp must be in sound, working order and have the appropriate safety tag. The use of double adaptors is strictly PROHIBITED. Entrants brining their own clippers and blowers must supply their own “safety switch” (RCD) for each power outlet they use.
- Entrants may exhibit one animal, heifer or steer from any breed, beef or dairy for the duration of the camp.
- The committee reserve the right to utilize an animal for training purposes during the camp.
- If requiring a ballot animal for the camp, there is a $40 animal hire fee. This fee is to be included with the entry costs. Entrants are encouraged to source their own animal prior to the event as there is no guarantee the camp is able to secure one.
- To be eligible for entry, heifers and steers must be a minimum of 9 months of age and not exceed 22 months of age. All heifers are to be maidens with no calves at foot.
- ALL EXHIBITS MUST HAVE AN ACCEPTABLE TEMPERAMENT AND BE BROKEN TO TIE UP AND LEAD.
- Any exhibitors found administering sedatives to their animal will face immediate disqualification.
- All animals are to be dehorned (maximum 5cm length) and steers are to be properly castrated. NO BULLS.
- During the camp, animals must be attended to and prepared by the entrants only. Juniors will be provided assistance. Assistance from parents or external professionals during the competition is not permitted and may lead to entrant disqualification.
- Nose clips and leads are COMPULSORY at all times when cattle are being led (dairy exception). Any exception to this will be at the discretion of the committee.
- Exhibitors are to provide their own halters, neck straps, nose clips and leads and feed buckets if required. Individual water buckets and hay will be supplied by the WAYCHC. Neck straps must be fitted to animals at ALL TIMES WHEN IN THE SHEDS.
- Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring all animals possess a NLIS tag. Any exhibit without a NLIS tag will be automatically disqualified from the event, therefore the entrant will also be disqualified. NLIS tag numbers and management tag numbers must be recorded on the cattle detail form.
- All exhibits must be Pestivirus (BVDV) PI tested with negative results prior to entering the showgrounds.
- Any exhibit found infected with RINGWORM can still be brought to the camp provided a Veterinary certificate is supplied stating the animal has been seen to and treated. It must also state the animal has been washed in the appropriate fungicide 4 days prior to the camp. Once at the camp the fungicide wash is to be conducted under the supervision of a committee member.
- All exhibits must come from a JBAS 6 or above property. Contact the WAYCHC if further information is required.
- Junior Judging/ Handlers competition: entrants must be aged between 15 and 25 years as of the 30th June of that respective year to be eligible to compete in the RAS WA State Final competition. Entrants under 15 will qualify for a separate RAS WA competition.
- The Christopher Ferguson Memorial Award for the Highest Beef Achiever: A sponsored trip to compete at the SA Junior Heifer Expo. If recipient is under 16 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian.
- WAYCHC Highest Dairy Achiever: A sponsored trip to compete at a Dairy Show/ Expo. If recipient is under 16 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian.
PARTICIPANTS OF THE CAMP ENTER AT THEIR OWN RISK.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN BELONGINGS AT ALL TIMES.
PARTICIPANTS — PARENTAL INDEMNITY AND WAIVER AND RISK WARNING
(To be signed by PARENT/GUARDIAN for all children under 18 years of age at camp check-in).
Participation in events or activities of the WA Cattle Handler’s Camp Inc. (WAYCHC) camp, including passive participation, contains elements of risk, both obvious risks and inherent risks. The risks involved may result in damage to the property of the Participant and/or personal injury to the Participant including death.
I, the Parent or Guardian below state that:
- a) I am the legal parent/legal guardian of the Participant;
b) I acknowledge, agree and understand that participation including passive participation in events and activities at the WAYCHC camp by the Participant contains an element of risk of damage to property of the Participant and/or risk of injury to the Participant.
c) I permit the Participant to participate in the activities of the WAYCHC camp.
d) I acknowledge that the Participant does so at my own risk and, knowing of such risks, I hereby fully absolve WAYCHC of all liability in respect of all injury loss or damage whatsoever suffered by the Participant or to any loss or damage to property of the Participant whilst attending at the WAYCHC camp.
e) I agree and understand that the risk warning above constitutes a “risk warning” for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2003 (WA).
f) I acknowledge the risks referred to above and hereby waive any and all rights that I, or any other person claiming through me, may have against WAYCHC in relation to any loss or injury (including death) that is suffered by the Participant as a result of his/her participation in the WAYCHC camp.
I the Parent/Legal Guardian below hereby agree to fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified WAYCHC against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against WAYCHC any liability, loss (including consequential loss and loss of profits), damages or expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) as a result of the participation of the Participant below in the WAYCHC camp.
PARTICIPANTS INDEMNITY AND WAIVER AND RISK WARNING – over 18 years of age.
(To be signed at camp check-in).
Participation in events or activities in the WA Cattle Handler’s Camp Inc (WAYCHC) camp, including passive participation, contains elements of risk, including both obvious risks and inherent risks. The risks involved may result in damage to property of Participants and/or personal injury to Participants including death.
I the signatory below:
- a) acknowledge, agree and understand that participation including passive participation in events and activities at the WAYCHC camp contains an element of risk of damage to my property and/or risk of injury to me personally.
b) agree that I undertake and accept all such risks voluntarily and at my own risk.
c) accept and agree that I will participate in the activities of the WAYCHC at my own risk and, knowing of such risks, I hereby absolve WAYCHC fully of all liability in respect of any and all loss or damage whatsoever which I or my property may sustain whilst attending a WAYCHC camp and participating in WAYCHC activities.
d) agree and understand that the risk warning at the top of this form constitutes a “risk warning” for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2003 (Western Australia).
e) acknowledge the risk referred to above and agree to waive any and all rights that
I, or any other person claiming through me, may have against WAYCHC in relation to any loss or injury (including death) that is suffered by me as a result of my participation in the WAYCHC camp.
Further, I the signatory below hereby agree to fully indemnify and keep indemnified WAYCHC against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against WAYCHC any liability, loss (including consequential loss and loss of profits), damages or expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) as a direct result of my participation in the WAYCHC camp.