What is the WA Youth Cattle Handlers Camp?
The WAYCHC is a camp is to educate young people from all ages of 8 -25 years in various aspects of the cattle industry. The aim
of the camp is to ensure cattle handling skills are not lost within the industry.
Under direction of the committee who has extensive experience in the cattle industry, the participant’s will gain knowledge and hands on experience in:
- Handling skills in and out of the show ring
- Cattle health and nutrition
- Public speaking
When is the next WAYCHC?
The 2020 camp will be held on the Thurs 15th, Fri 16th & Sat 17th April 2021 at the Brunswick Showgrounds.
How can I attend the WAYCHC?
Acceptance into the WAYCHC is by online application only. Applications for the 2021 camp open on Monday 25th January. There will be 100 spots only and spaces will be allocated on a first comes bases. Applications will close once spots are filled OR 15th February, which ever comes first.
When do applications open for the 2021 WAYCHC?
Applications for the 2021 camp open on Monday 25th January. There will be 100 spots only and spaces will be allocated on a first comes bases. Applications will close once spots are filled OR 12th February, which ever comes first.
What is the cost to attend the WAYCHC?
The cost to attend the 2021 camp is $210 plus a $40 animal fee if you don’t have your own animal. The fee includes all meals, WAYCHC polo, WAYCHC cap and materials for the 3 day camp.
Additional participants within the family will have a reduce cost of $160.
Parent live in costs (required for participants 12 years and under) $60.
What do I need to bring to WAYCHC?
- Bedding– Swag or sleeping bag, pillow and mattress
- Clothing– All clothing items must be labelled with the child’s name.Appropriate clothing for three days including cold and wet weather gear.
- Show ring attire:
-Cattle camp shirt (provided by camp)
– Hat (provided by camp)
– Jeans (neat)
– Polished boots- Shoe polish and brushes (optional)
- Footwear (other than boots) for indoor. No outside shoes are allowed in the Recreation Centre
- Wet weather gear: including Wellington boots, for washing animals
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes
- Bathers for those who would like a bit of privacy. The showers are in the men’s change room.
- Toiletries– Including towel and sunscreen.
SHOWERS- Due to lack of shower time, please DO NOT bring the following:
1) hair dryer
2) hair straightener
3) no razor for shaving legs
MOBILE PHONES May be brought but will only be used at dinner time.